Deadline: August 30, 2017 for residencies taking place between November 1, 2017 and May 30, 2018
Conditions: Artists and researchers receive a private apartment in the center of Prague for a period of up to 3 months, a grant to support the proposed project, and assistance in its implementation.
Eligibility: The Foundation encourages and welcomes the participation of artists and researchers from all backgrounds to apply for the support of projects which are in line with the mission of the Agosto Foundation and the declared objectives of the residency.
Through the Agosto Residency Program, the Foundation seeks to create a context, not restricted solely to artists, for those active in the cultural realm to step outside of their usual frames of reference and to reach across disciplines. The aim is to facilitate, support and maintain a general platform for engaged, creative, adisciplinary (not oriented toward any one discipline) and exploratory projects. A special focus will be on artists and specialists whose work has crossed (or implies the crossing of) the boundaries of their fields (visual art, new media, sound art, experimental music, literature, etc.) Other interdisciplinary collaborations or cooperations are welcome to apply, as well.
How to Apply:
The completed application, written in English, will include:
- A project proposal from the artist (250 words maximum).
- Artist contact information and CV.
- Documentation of previous projects.
- A motivation letter explaining the context and framework of the proposed project and specification of any operational or financial requests. It should also indicate the preferred time of the residency and its expected outcome (500 words maximum).
All completed applications must be submitted by e-mail to either of these email addresses:
with “Agosto residency program" and your name in the email subject.
Review Criteria: Applications will be evaluated by the foundation board created on the basis of the nature of the projects with respect to the following criteria:
• The degree to which the proposed project falls in line with the mission of the Agosto Foundation and the declared objectives of the residency
• The artist’s proficiency and level of excellence
• The potential benefit to the artist of a residency and of his or her interaction with the community in the Czech Republic
• The potential of the project to create a dialogue or foster the interactions of audiences with the work
• If the artist is not Czech, the artist’s interest in bringing the benefits of the exchange to his or her home country.
The Artist-In-Residency program is organized by the Agosto Foundation, which supports a broad range of initiatives that aim to raise social awareness and bring about cultural transformation. Our goal is to strengthen and sustain socially and environmentally engaged cultural practices, initiatives, knowledge-sharing networks and communities focusing on those active in the field of inventing, discovering, testing and implementing new approaches that address meaningful social and environmental issues and bring them to the awareness of their communities and beyond.