As part of its grant program Perpedes, the Agosto Foundation requests nominations from the general public for the support of the activities of individual artists, as well as for artistic or cultural projects.
The Perpedes Grant Program fosters a closer connection between artistic and cultural activities, and the daily lives of various social strata and communities, on both the local and regional scale. The program focuses on strengthening smaller individual and civic initiatives which intersect or interact with interdisciplinary cooperation, and which address themes pertaining to social and environmental networks working within the framework of contemporary art.
The program is administered by the Agosto Foundation, which has allocated 700,000 CZK for the year 2019. The grants may be offered to both legal entities (associations, societies, local action groups, etc.) as well as to individuals. The maximum amount of any one grant is fixed at 80,000 CZK. How the contribution is used and the project schedule will be specified during a personal meeting, and will be based on the individual needs of the chosen candidates. The grants are authorized by the Foundation’s statutory board which bases its decisions on the recommendations of the grant committee.
Nominations will be accepted until April 30, 2019. The grants will be conferred based on the agreed upon time schedule, with the availability funds lasting until the end of 2019.
There are 2 rounds in the selection process.
- Evaluation of the received proposals
- Personal interview with the selected candidate
- have a 2-year record of activity in the Czech Republic;
- can demonstrate cooperation with the local community;
- show a scope of activities tending toward recipient independence and the support of local competencies going forward;
- show a connection with contemporary art and creative implementations of new approaches;
- focus on contemporary themes such as: the environment, solidarity, cultural heritage, inclusiveness;
- and focus on interdisciplinary activies and education.
- Call for nominations opens: February 28, 2019
- Deadline for accepting nominations: April 30, 2019
- Selection and meeting of the commission May and June 2019
- Personal meeting with selected candidates in situ: July and August 2019
- Announcement of the selected recipients: September 2019
Nominations can be offered by anyone. If you or somebody you know are working on an inspiring project which may be eligible for support based on the given criteria, send an email to: email@example.com, with the subject: PERPEDES 2019.
In the email, explain your justifications for the nomination. Proposals must include: a description of the activities of the nominee and the reasons for their nomination (five A4 pages maximum), contact details for both the nominee and the nominator. The Foundation reserves the right to respond only to those candidates endorsed by the committee.
See whom we supported in last year’s round of grants.
Starting in 2013, we have been creating our own profiles, overviews, and articles about some of the smaller cultural initiatives in the regions of the country. Some of these have been supported by the Perpedes grant program. Have a look at our Perpedian Map.
The Agosto Foundation was founded in 2013 and is a non-governmental organization based in Prague. Its main activities support cultural and social programs, and a large part of its activities consists in supporting conscientious and sustainable development of such art forms which support positive social and cultural change. A strong emphasis is placed on an innovative, experimental and interdisciplinary approach, the defense of values such as the free and open exchange of information and experiences, open discussion in a trans-generational and intercultural space, with a special focus on projects which have educational import.
Through its endowments, the Foundation supports those initiatives which strive for individual and social development and which, as part of their artistic practice, grapple with the complex challenges which such change inevitably entails.
Media Partners: ArtMap, RurArtMap, Artalk, Artycok.tv